Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Collapsing Rows with subtotals...

Hello All,

I have a macro that has run and created multiple subtotals. At the end, I
would like the macro to collapse all of the subtotal ranges so that the user
will see just the summary subtotal data. Does anyone have any ideas on how
to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Trevor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have been following your threads and I have what might be a silly question.
Are you using the subtotal function or are you using Data - Subtotals. Data
- subtotals is definitely the way to go...

"Jesterhoz" wrote:

Hello All,

I have a macro that has run and created multiple subtotals. At the end, I
would like the macro to collapse all of the subtotal ranges so that the user
will see just the summary subtotal data. Does anyone have any ideas on how
to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Trevor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have been using Data - Subtotals for the main portion of the sheet. Then
Tom so wisely suggested that I use a "dummy" subtotal function within the
cell formula for my percentages. I used that in order for the grand subtotal
to ignore its value. I then was looking for a way to "roll up" the subtotals
and I had forgotten about the little 1,2,3 buttons in the top left corner and
was trying to record a macro by individually collapsing each subtotal range.
All is good now, however.

Thanks to all.