EdCPA

Default Collapsing Rows

I have seen spreadsheets where rows are subtotaled and the rows making up the
subtotaled are hidden. In other words, rows are expanded and then the detail
is closed.

My question is how do I set up my spread sheet to expand and collapse?

I would appreciate any help.
--
ERSCPA
Dave Peterson

Sort your data by some key column.
Then select your range and do
Data|subtotals
Use at each change in that key column to
count/sum/average....
for every field you want.

You'll see those outlining symbols to the left. You can expand/hide by clicking
on those numbers at the top or by clicking on the +/-'s for each level.

=====
You can also get them via data|Group.

EdCPA wrote:

I have seen spreadsheets where rows are subtotaled and the rows making up the
subtotaled are hidden. In other words, rows are expanded and then the detail
is closed.

My question is how do I set up my spread sheet to expand and collapse?

I would appreciate any help.
--
ERSCPA

--

Dave Peterson
IndianGuru

Thanks Dave, I was looking for this solution.

--
IndianGuru

IndianGuru's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27382
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=469732