Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default collapsing rows

I have a column of information that has some blanks and need a formula to
collapse the rows so there are no blanks. Does anyone know if there a way to
collapse rows that have no information?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could apply a filter to a column where you have some blanks, and
on the filter pull-down choose "Non-blanks" - this will be at the
bottom of the pull-down list.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 5, 7:28 pm, Jim S. <Jim wrote:
I have a column of information that has some blanks and need a formula to
collapse the rows so there are no blanks. Does anyone know if there a way to
collapse rows that have no information?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am looking to do this as a formula. I have a column of dates with earnings
associated with these dates in the next column. Some of the dates are within
the same month and I need to sum the earnings for each month and put into
another column without having a blank row.

On Dec 5, 7:28 pm, Jim S. <Jim wrote:
I have a column of information that has some blanks and need a formula to
collapse the rows so there are no blanks. Does anyone know if there a way to
collapse rows that have no information?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jim
Not sure that I understand everything you are saying, but if you sort
the whole data range by one of the columns that contains the blanks, all the
blanks will be put at the bottom. The end result is what I think you want.
HTH Otto
"Jim S." <Jim wrote in message
I have a column of information that has some blanks and need a formula to
collapse the rows so there are no blanks. Does anyone know if there a way
collapse rows that have no information?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Dec 5, 1:44 pm, Jim S. wrote:
I am looking to do this as a formula. I have a column of dates with earnings
associated with these dates in the next column. Some of the dates are within
the same month and I need to sum the earnings for each month and put into
another column without having a blank row.

I think a macro here would be your best friend. Assign it to a
control box or a hot key.

Pierre

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In addition to Otto's suggestion.

Maybe just remove the blank rows entirely?

Select a column and F5SpecialBlanksOK

EditDeleteEntire Row

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP