Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Columns that will grab a value from a previous column, incrimental

Here is what I want to do... I need to build a database
of a few 100 inputs. But all I want to do is put in one
input. For instance, each row has five columns. I put in
the first column and the other four can be calculating
using just the first column. For the second row I want it
to take the value of the last column of the row prior. So
on so on. So row 60 column 1 would take the value of row
59 column 5...

Is there a way to set it up so that all I need to do is
put in the first value, row 1 column 1. And excel will
calculate all of the values straight through?

For instance my columns are like this...
C1 C2 C3 C4
5 .5 2.5 7.5
7.5 .5 3.75 11.25
11.25 .5 .........

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, not hard at all.
Put your formulas in cells B1, C1, D1, E1
In A2 put the formula "= E1"
In B2 through E2, copy and paste your formulas from the first row
Now, take row 2 (the whole row), copy it, and select the entire range of
rows below that you will be using. Paste the formulas you copied from row 2
and assuming you used relative references I think this should do what you
want.