Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional formatting question

Hi,

A conditional formatting question i hope someone may be able to help
me with.

Depending on the entry in cell A7, i.e. either 1 or 0, cells A1 - A6
have conditional formatting applied to them ( in fact if A7 = 1 then
the font colour in cells A1 - A6 is red)

My question is how can I copy this conditional formatting down to say,
row 200?

The formatting is set by the following formula $A$1=1, then font is
red

If I copy down, then I have to amend the formula for each line,
incrementing by hand the value of column 7 - is there a way to do this
automatically?

I am using Excel 2000 SP3

--
Cheers

Peter

Remove the INVALID to reply
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Select the entire column, go into Format Conditional
Formatting and use:

=$A$7=1

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:42:53 -0800, "Jason Morin"
wrote:

Select the entire column, go into Format Conditional
Formatting and use:

=$A$7=1

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply - I don't think I explained properly what I wat
to do :-( - in fact I have completey ballsed it up!

The coditional formatting is dependant on the contents of cell I in
each row

In row 1 I have the formula =$I$1=1, but in row 2 I want to have
=$I$2=1 and in row 3 have =$I$3=1.

What I want to be able to do is fill down the conditional formatting
to say row 200, when the conditional formatting formula will be
=$I$200=1

When I fill down now what happens is the formula is the same for each
row and i have to increment the value manually for each row, i.e.

=$I$2=1 then =$I$3=1 and so on.

--
Cheers

Peter

Remove the INVALID to reply
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Another way to do the same thing would be to change the absolute
reference. Instead of $A$1=1, use $A1=1 in the formula. Then you can
copy and Paste SpecialFormats and excel will adjust the condition
formula for each row.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 22 Dec 2004 13:12:55 -0800, "Bill_S" wrote:

Another way to do the same thing would be to change the absolute
reference. Instead of $A$1=1, use $A1=1 in the formula. Then you can
copy and Paste SpecialFormats and excel will adjust the condition
formula for each row.

Hi Bill,

Many thanks - remomving the second absolute reference did it - it
works just as I hoped now.

--
Cheers

Peter