Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default UserForm with ListBox

Excel 2002, WinXP
I have a UserForm with a ListBox and OK and Cancel buttons.
I know how to deal with a selection in the ListBox when the user makes a
selection and clicks the OK button.
But sometime in the past I was able to induce code action with just the
selection of an item (multi-select set to 1) in the ListBox. IOW, there was
no OK button or a need for an OK button.
How do I do that?
Thanks for your help. Otto

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Otto,

You are looking for the "ListBox1_Click()" event
or
the "ListBox1_DblClick(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)" event.
They are found in the form module.

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message ...
Excel 2002, WinXP
I have a UserForm with a ListBox and OK and Cancel buttons.
I know how to deal with a selection in the ListBox when the user makes a
selection and clicks the OK button.
But sometime in the past I was able to induce code action with just the
selection of an item (multi-select set to 1) in the ListBox. IOW, there was
no OK button or a need for an OK button.
How do I do that?
Thanks for your help. Otto

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Otto,

You can use the Click event of the Listbox control to execute
code with the user selects an item in the list. E.g.,

Private Sub ListBox1_Click()
' your code here

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
Excel 2002, WinXP
I have a UserForm with a ListBox and OK and Cancel buttons.
I know how to deal with a selection in the ListBox when the
user makes a selection and clicks the OK button.
But sometime in the past I was able to induce code action with
just the selection of an item (multi-select set to 1) in the
ListBox. IOW, there was no OK button or a need for an OK
button.
How do I do that?
Thanks for your help. Otto

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Otto,

Jim's reply was better than mine. To replicate a button press,
you should use the DoubleClick event not the Click event.