Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Listbox in UserForm

I'm relatively new to Excel VBA.

I am using an Excel Userform as a data entry mechanism. As part of this
process, my users will be selecting a "record" to edit in the form. When
they select that record, I would like to dynamically add items to a multi
column listbox on my form based on rows in a worksheet (TaskConditions) where
the first column (TaskNumber) matches the txt_Task_Number field on the user
form.

In Access, I would write a query that queries a table based on the value in
the txt_Task_Number control, but I'm not sure how to implement this in Excel.

Also, the length of the text in one of the columns of this list may exceed
the length of column. In Access, I would create a subform that looks similar
to a listbox, but which has controls that could display more than one row of
text. Is there a way to implement a similar capability within Excel?

Dale

--
Email address is not valid.
Please reply to newsgroup only.