Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Work around for limit on entering array formulas?

I have an array formula that is 546 characters in length that I am trying to
place in a spreadsheet programmatically using the following syntax:

ActiveCell.FormulaArray = strFormula

But, this fails with the error: "Unable to set the formula array property of
the range class"

This method works with shorter formulas, is there a limit? If so, how do I
work around this?

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is a limit of 255 with FormulaArray:

Break it up? Use short range names instead of ranges? Might be tough to
carve off 300 characters.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"quartz" wrote in message
|I have an array formula that is 546 characters in length that I am trying
| place in a spreadsheet programmatically using the following syntax:
|
| ActiveCell.FormulaArray = strFormula
|
| But, this fails with the error: "Unable to set the formula array property
of
| the range class"
|
| This method works with shorter formulas, is there a limit? If so, how do I
| work around this?
|
| Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Jim. That's too bad. My solution is rendered unusable.

It's strange that I can enter the formula manually, just not in code.

Thanks for your response.