Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KD KD is offline

Default Newbie - macro help required urgently!

Hi All,

I am a newbie with repect to working on excel macros.

I have succeeded in recording a macro and stored it in 'Personal Macro
Workbook' as indicated by the excel help to make it available to all
workbooks.

When I open a new workbook however, the macro is not shown in the available
macros list and so I am not able to execute it!

Can anybody help me?

Thanks.
kd.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does personal.xls show up in the drop-down list in the macros dialog
(the one that pops up if you press Alt+F8) ?

If you go the the visual basic editor (Alt+F11) can you see the
recorded macro?

Tim

"kd" wrote in message
Hi All,

I am a newbie with repect to working on excel macros.

I have succeeded in recording a macro and stored it in 'Personal
Macro
Workbook' as indicated by the excel help to make it available to all
workbooks.

When I open a new workbook however, the macro is not shown in the
available
macros list and so I am not able to execute it!

Can anybody help me?

Thanks.
kd.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KD KD is offline

Thanks for the response.

Personal.xls does not show up in the drop down list of the new workbook,
where I want the macro to run; however, the personal.xls is shown in the drop
down list of the workbook where I recorded the macro.

I can see the recorded macro in the visual basic editor.

Regards,
kd

"kd" wrote in message
Hi All,

I am a newbie with repect to working on excel macros.

I have succeeded in recording a macro and stored it in 'Personal
Macro
Workbook' as indicated by the excel help to make it available to all
workbooks.

When I open a new workbook however, the macro is not shown in the
available
macros list and so I am not able to execute it!

Can anybody help me?

Thanks.
kd.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can easily create Personal.xls.

Goto ToolsMacroRecord New Macro...
In this dialog, in the Sore macro dropdown, choose Personal Macro Workbook
Click the stop record button immediately (You don't need this macro)

Go to the VBE then, and you will have a Personal.xls that you can move your
previously recorded macro to.

--

HTH

RP