Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KD KD is offline

Default Newbie - macro help required urgently!

Thanks for the response.

Personal.xls does not show up in the drop down list of the new workbook,
where I want the macro to run; however, the personal.xls is shown in the drop
down list of the workbook where I recorded the macro.

I can see the recorded macro in the visual basic editor.

Regards,
kd

"Tim Williams" wrote:

Does personal.xls show up in the drop-down list in the macros dialog
(the one that pops up if you press Alt+F8) ?

If you go the the visual basic editor (Alt+F11) can you see the
recorded macro?

Tim

"kd" wrote in message
Hi All,

I am a newbie with repect to working on excel macros.

I have succeeded in recording a macro and stored it in 'Personal
Macro
Workbook' as indicated by the excel help to make it available to all
workbooks.

When I open a new workbook however, the macro is not shown in the
available
macros list and so I am not able to execute it!

Can anybody help me?

Thanks.
kd.