Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how to save shared file

I have a macro which manipulates data in shared files

When it starts it has to make the files unshared first
so at the end it uses

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=ActiveWorkbook.FullName, _
accessMode:=xlShared

to save them as shared again

This gives a prompt 'File already exists'
How can I avoid this prompt and force it to resave over the existing file?

(should i delete the file first - if so how?)

Thank you
--
Patrick