Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Shared workbook - to save or not to save

I am having the same issues as other posts that were left plus additional
issues. I have a shared file saved on a common directory for multiple users
to access and make changes. We have eight groups that each have their own tab
to save changes. One group made all necessary changes on their tab and saved
the file. These changes were reviewed (or witnessed) by two or three users
on different workstations at different times - we know they were there. The
next day one user accessed the file again only to find some of the changes
remained and others were lost. There were two instances of this only the
instances involved different entries.

Another thing that is getting lost are formats. I post the original file
sometimes with columns or rows hidden that do not apply to what the users
need to update. However, occasionally when I open the file all hidden rows
and columns have been exploded on all eight tabs.

The shared file is a great tool; however, it is causing some to pull their
hair out.

Any help is greatly appreciated!