Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2002 : question on Hyperlinks

Hi everybody,

I created a simple table, containing numbers, and associated a "doughnut"
type graphic.

I also created a hyperlink in some of the cells of the table.

My question is : how can I make these hyperlinks active in the graphic ? In
other words, I would like to be able to click on a given zone of the graphic
instead of clicking in the corresponding cell in the table in order to
"hyperlink".

Thanks in advance for your kind help.
With best regards,
Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Daniel,

Forget the cell hyperlink, if you right-click the shape, that should give
you the option of a hyperlink.

--

HTH

RP

"Daniel" wrote in message
Hi everybody,

I created a simple table, containing numbers, and associated a "doughnut"
type graphic.

I also created a hyperlink in some of the cells of the table.

My question is : how can I make these hyperlinks active in the graphic ?

In
other words, I would like to be able to click on a given zone of the

graphic
instead of clicking in the corresponding cell in the table in order to
"hyperlink".

Thanks in advance for your kind help.
With best regards,
Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Bob,

Many thanks for your message.
Actually, right-clicking on the shape doesn't give me the hyperlink option.
Do u think it's because I have the 2002 version of Excel ?
Tks again,
Best rgds,
Daniel

de ...

"Daniel" wrote in message
Hi everybody,

I created a simple table, containing numbers, and associated a

"doughnut"
type graphic.

I also created a hyperlink in some of the cells of the table.

My question is : how can I make these hyperlinks active in the graphic ?

In
other words, I would like to be able to click on a given zone of the

graphic
instead of clicking in the corresponding cell in the table in order to
"hyperlink".

Thanks in advance for your kind help.
With best regards,
Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Daniel,

I only have XL2000 here, and I get it. Just checked on my desktop which does
have XL2002, and hyperlink is there.

Where did the shape come from? I was referring to items from the Drawing
toolbar.

Bob

?
In
other words, I would like to be able to click on a given zone of the

graphic
instead of clicking in the corresponding cell in the table in order to
"hyperlink".

Thanks in advance for your kind help.
With best regards,
Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Bob,

Thank you for your message.
Actually the graphic was created thru Menu |Insert Graphic, not from the
drawing feature. This explains.

Each part of the "doughnut" graphic corresponds to a cell in the Table, and
you can actually select each individual "cell" in the graphic and modify the
content of the corresponding cell in the table. So I thought the hyperlinks
in the table could also be made available in the graphic.
It may need some VBA programming.

Tks again,
with brgds,

"Daniel" wrote in message
Hi everybody,

I created a simple table, containing numbers, and associated a

"doughnut"
type graphic.

I also created a hyperlink in some of the cells of the table.

My question is : how can I make these hyperlinks active in the

graphic
?
In
other words, I would like to be able to click on a given zone of the
graphic
instead of clicking in the corresponding cell in the table in order

"hyperlink".

Thanks in advance for your kind help.
With best regards,
Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Daniel,

I don't have that option. When you right-click the shape, does it have an
Assign Macro option? If so, I can give you a macro to do it.

--

HTH

RP

"Daniel" wrote in message
Hi everybody,

I created a simple table, containing numbers, and associated a
"doughnut"
type graphic.

I also created a hyperlink in some of the cells of the table.

My question is : how can I make these hyperlinks active in the

graphic
?
In
other words, I would like to be able to click on a given zone of

the
graphic
instead of clicking in the corresponding cell in the table in

order
"hyperlink".

Thanks in advance for your kind help.
With best regards,
Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Bob,

Thank you so much for your message, and sorry for late reply. Was away for a
couple of days.

I do not have the "Assign macro" option. You wrote you got a micro to do it
?