SGK

Default Is there a way to permanently turn off hyperlinks in Excel 2002

In Excel 2002: When summing a column of numbers, the total becomes a
hyperlink.
It is possible to remove the hyperlink (or several hyperlinks) after the
fact but I want to turn off that function entirely so that totals do no have
a hyperlink.
Peo Sjoblom

Don't know how you managed to get a sum to hyperlink but you can copy an
empty cell,
select the hyperlink with the arrow keys and do editpaste special and
select add

Peo Sjoblom

"SGK" wrote in message
In Excel 2002: When summing a column of numbers, the total becomes a
hyperlink.
It is possible to remove the hyperlink (or several hyperlinks) after the
fact but I want to turn off that function entirely so that totals do no

have
a hyperlink.

Peo Sjoblom

To turn off hyperlinks

toolsautocorrectautoformat as you type "Internet and network paths with
hyperlinks"

Peo Sjoblom

"SGK" wrote in message
In Excel 2002: When summing a column of numbers, the total becomes a
hyperlink.
It is possible to remove the hyperlink (or several hyperlinks) after the
fact but I want to turn off that function entirely so that totals do no

have
a hyperlink.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Is there a way to permanently turn off hyperlinks in Excel 200

I can't believe I will finally be able to work in Excel without the annoyance
of constantly starting Outlook or Explorer when trying to select a cell. This
was very helpful information, I wish Office online help would show these
instructions too. I also wish they would invest more in customer satisfaction
research, I am sure most people would prefer to activate a hyperlink when
needed instead by default.

THANK YOU!

"SGK" wrote in message
In Excel 2002: When summing a column of numbers, the total becomes a
hyperlink.
It is possible to remove the hyperlink (or several hyperlinks) after the
fact but I want to turn off that function entirely so that totals do no

have
a hyperlink.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One point of info.

When you select a cell with a hyperlink, hold for a couple of seconds and you
will be in edit mode rather than jumping to the target.

This info can be found in the help section.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP