Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to get a sum of values from multiple sheets

How can we get sum of values from multiple sheets which it shows in a new or
specific sheet and in next cell i need the discription of that vaule too...
which will be same in all sheets... but cells will be different.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
could you provide more details:
where are your cells on the individual sheets
- do you have a list of the sheet names or are they following a naming
convetion
..- some example data

"Ahmed" wrote:

How can we get sum of values from multiple sheets which it shows in a new or
specific sheet and in next cell i need the discription of that vaule too...
which will be same in all sheets... but cells will be different.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

on first sheed "DATA" i have all the details of my products with Product codes.
then next on multiiple sheets i have my company orders .. where i have used
vlookup then i enter qty i order... and on next column i have received qty
and then pending qty...
now i need a summary on the end sheet of all pending products...
where i want to have Product name, then sum of all pending qty in front of
it...
thats all i want to do...

"Ahmed" wrote:

How can we get sum of values from multiple sheets which it shows in a new or
specific sheet and in next cell i need the discription of that vaule too...
which will be same in all sheets... but cells will be different.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

this is the data 1st code ...then description

552405 type E91 N B06 6A
552407 type E91 N B10 10A
552409 type E91 N B16 16A
552410 type E91 N B20 20A
this is order sheet with vlookup
6-digit Ref # Description Qty Receiveed
Pending
552787 - - type E91 C03 3A 108 100 8
552789 - - type E91 C06 6A 600 445.00 155
552796 - - type E91 C32 32A 300 300.00 0

Here we need output this way
CODE PRODUCT DESCRIPTION TOTAL PENDING QTY
552787 type E91 C03 3A 8

thats it...

"Ahmed" wrote:

How can we get sum of values from multiple sheets which it shows in a new or
specific sheet and in next cell i need the discription of that vaule too...
which will be same in all sheets... but cells will be different.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sheet names are
PO #108
PO #109
PO #110
PO #112
PO #115
PO #117

"Ahmed" wrote:

How can we get sum of values from multiple sheets which it shows in a new or
specific sheet and in next cell i need the discription of that vaule too...
which will be same in all sheets... but cells will be different.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hinot fully sure but you may try the following formula:
=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'PO #" & ROW(INDIRECT("108:117")) &
"'!A1:A100"),A1,INDIRECT("'PO #" & ROW(INDIRECT("108:117")) & "'!F1:F100")))

with the following assumption:
- you have the sheets "PO #108" to "PO #117" and they are named in exact
this way:
- A1 on your oder sheet contains the 6-digit number you want to lookup on
the individual PO # sheets. You have entered this value manually
- column A on these PO # sheets also conatins this 6-digit number
- column F on the iondividual sheets contains the pending amount/value which
is to be summed

f this does not work you may email me an example sheet at
frank[dot]kabel[at]mummert[dot]de

General note: I wouldn't use Excel in this way for such Analysis. Sounds
more like a database task for me