Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Return Days since Date Entered in Column.

I have a worksheet with a column containing dates ('A').

I want to keep a running total of how many days (for example: '180'
from the date in column A.

I noticed if I simply subtract the date from todays date, the valu
returned is formated as a date. I want just the days rolling (180)
instead somethign like this '01/30/1900' which I tend to end up with.
Any suggestions?

Someone earlier suggested NETWORKDAYS(a1-b1). but it didnt seem t
work.

Mik

--
Mcastee
Mcasteel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1569

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mcasteel

Select the formula cell and goto FormatCells and format
the cell as General

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Mcasteel" wrote in message ...

I have a worksheet with a column containing dates ('A').

I want to keep a running total of how many days (for example: '180')
from the date in column A.

I noticed if I simply subtract the date from todays date, the value
returned is formated as a date. I want just the days rolling (180),
instead somethign like this '01/30/1900' which I tend to end up with.
Any suggestions?

Someone earlier suggested NETWORKDAYS(a1-b1). but it didnt seem to
work.

Mike

--
Mcasteel
Mcasteel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15698

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is a formula that I frequently use for date variances.

=DAYS360(H4,G4)

I have a worksheet with a column containing dates ('A').

I want to keep a running total of how many days (for

example: '180')
from the date in column A.

I noticed if I simply subtract the date from todays date,

the value
returned is formated as a date. I want just the days

rolling (180),
instead somethign like this '01/30/1900' which I tend to

end up with.
Any suggestions?

Someone earlier suggested NETWORKDAYS(a1-b1). but it

didnt seem to
work.

Mike

--