Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jen Jen is offline

Default Adding entries if date entered in another column

I need to add a column of entries, but only if a date is entered in an
another column.
In other words:
add fees in column c if they have a start date listed in column d- if column
d is empty I do ont want the fees entered in column c to be added in.
ie:
a b c d e
name status fees start date
Billy active $25 Nov 21/08
Sue pending $50
Mary active $30 Jan 16/09
Frank active $45 Oct 31/08
George pending $40

So for Sue and George I do not want the fees added to the total fees because
they have no start date, yet.
Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here's two ways:

=SUMIF(B:B,"active",C:C)

or:

=SUMIF(D:D,"<",C:C)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 17, 4:38*pm, Jen wrote:
I need to add a column of entries, but only if a date is entered in an
another column.
In other words:
add fees in column c if they have a start date listed in column d- if column
d is empty I do ont want the fees entered in column c to be added in.
ie:
a b c d e
name status fees start date
Billy active $25 Nov 21/08
Sue pending $50
Mary active $30 Jan 16/09
Frank active $45 Oct 31/08
George pending $40

So for Sue and George I do not want the fees added to the total fees because
they have no start date, yet.
Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

try this formula in the total cell

=SUMPRODUCT((D2:D6<"")*C2:C6)

this will not add the number if col D have a blank
--
Hope this is helpful

Appreciate that you provide your feedback by clicking the Yes button below
if this post have helped you.

Thank You

cheers, francis

"Jen" wrote:

I need to add a column of entries, but only if a date is entered in an
another column.
In other words:
add fees in column c if they have a start date listed in column d- if column
d is empty I do ont want the fees entered in column c to be added in.
ie:
a b c d e
name status fees start date
Billy active $25 Nov 21/08
Sue pending $50
Mary active $30 Jan 16/09
Frank active $45 Oct 31/08
George pending $40

So for Sue and George I do not want the fees added to the total fees because
they have no start date, yet.
Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jen Jen is offline

Thanks!
I had it close but I was missing the <
=SUMIF(D:D,"<",C:C)
I could not use the "active", because some of them are not in active status,
even though they have a start date.
Thanks for all your help.

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Here's two ways: