Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Locking project with workbook open?

Is there a way to "re-lock" the project (VBAProject password) once unlocked?

I have some code that opens up the vba code to allow a reference to be
added, but to only advice so far is that you have to save and exit in order
to re-lock?

Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I assume you are using sendkeys. I haven't tried what you ask, but I don't
believe there is any requirement to save and exit before using sendkeys to
protect the project.

Tom Ogilvy

"Joe90" wrote in message
Is there a way to "re-lock" the project (VBAProject password) once

unlocked?

I have some code that opens up the vba code to allow a reference to be
added, but to only advice so far is that you have to save and exit in

order
to re-lock?

Joe

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000

Newsgroups

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, what I wanted to avoid was that very thing, so that an end user can
programmatically add the reference to allow changes to the code, which, once
done, would then lock the code up again so that they could not access it -
all this without closing/saving/reopening the workbook. I guess prevention
of opening the VBA editor would suffice if the firmer is not possible?

Joe