Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Comments to help Users

Hello

I'm not sure if I just haven't found the right functionality or whether I
need code for this but any advice on either/or is much appreciated.

I want to add help comments to a spreadsheet, which is essentially a
questionnaire. For each question which is in a frame object there are option
buttons to select answers I would like to put an info 'i' next to each of
these which either when clicked or highlighted over will bring up a comment
box in which i can give hints, tips etc. (exactly like this website does when
you hover over the links to the left!!) The insert comment function for each
cell doesn't do what I want because the layout of the questionnaire is in a
userform format from control toolbox.

Hope someone can give me some inspiration!!
Cheers
Laura
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Laura,

Use the ControlTip Text property. When the user's mouse passes over the
control, the text appears.

HTH, Greg