Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA - Run Macros Remotely?

I'm updating a macro for the umtenth time and I am running into
problem. Our company uses excel for inventory files - the macros wer
written for the monthly user. However, now there is a weekly user tha
keep her files on her PC and I'd like to link to a file with all th
macros (.bas?). This would centralize all macros so that I can kee
all spreadsheets running the latest version of the macros without goin
around everywhere each time I need/want to make a change.

Is there a way to call macros like this or a better way I might not b
thinking of??

Jorda

--
jordanct
jordanctc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=676

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jordan,

I'm updating a macro for the umtenth time and I am running into a
problem. Our company uses excel for inventory files - the macros

were
written for the monthly user. However, now there is a weekly user

that
keep her files on her PC and I'd like to link to a file with all the
macros (.bas?). This would centralize all macros so that I can keep
all spreadsheets running the latest version of the macros without

going
around everywhere each time I need/want to make a change.

Create an Add-In with your macros and store it on a central place
(server). All users should install the Add-in in their Excel or they
should copy it to their personal autostart folder (if there's no
server).

arno