Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Protect a range of cells remotely from another file

I have a number of individual files and equal number of people who have
access to each of their own file. I have access to all their files and data.
They enter information every month and it gets summarized into my
spreadsheet. Once they enter their data and after I look at it, I don't want
them to change it again. How do I do it without having to go to individual
files and protecting the specific range of cells?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you copy your summary sheet after you have viewed it and then 'paste
special'...'values' and copy right over top of itself? That way you will
then have only the values and not the linked data. You would of course want
to perhaps 'save as' that sheet and rename it if you wanted to retain snap
shots in time of the data without blowing away the linked data from your
original summary sheet.