Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Range ID not saved

Hello,

I set the Range.ID property to some string value then I save and close the
workbook but when I reopen it the ID is empty. Is this a normal behaviour or
at least avoidable, or is there other way to keep some IDs to cells/ranges
persistently after the workbook is closed.

Thanks for your time,
Nacho

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Nacho,

This is normal behaviour: range.ID is not saved with the workbook. You can
store information persistently in Defined Names.

Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.1 now available
www.DecisionModels.com

"Nacho Nachev" wrote in message
Hello,

I set the Range.ID property to some string value then I save and close the
workbook but when I reopen it the ID is empty. Is this a normal behaviour
or
at least avoidable, or is there other way to keep some IDs to cells/ranges
persistently after the workbook is closed.

Thanks for your time,
Nacho

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

afaik the Range.ID is used only for webpages.
and only SAVED when the workbook is saved as a web page.

Normal files could use Range Name for identification purposes.
(although I realise it's NOT the same :)

keepITcool