Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Range ID not saved

afaik the Range.ID is used only for webpages.
and only SAVED when the workbook is saved as a web page.

Normal files could use Range Name for identification purposes.
(although I realise it's NOT the same :)

keepITcool

"Nacho Nachev" wrote:

Hello,

I set the Range.ID property to some string value then I save and close
the workbook but when I reopen it the ID is empty. Is this a normal
behaviour or at least avoidable, or is there other way to keep some
IDs to cells/ranges persistently after the workbook is closed.

Thanks for your time,
Nacho