Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KD KD is offline

Default i "saved" instead of "saved as". I need old file back

Help!!

I made changes to an Excel file, and saved. I meant to save as a new file,
so i could keep old file.

Is there any way to retrieve the original file??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
unless you are on a network with backup or unless the backed up the file
prior to changes......the saved version is now the new verion of the original
file.
sorry.

Regards
FSt1

"KD" wrote:

Help!!

I made changes to an Excel file, and saved. I meant to save as a new file,
so i could keep old file.

Is there any way to retrieve the original file??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KD KD is offline

thanks...i was afraid of that. major loss. anyone else with ideas
appreciated... keith

"KD" wrote:

Help!!

I made changes to an Excel file, and saved. I meant to save as a new file,
so i could keep old file.

Is there any way to retrieve the original file??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

you can check the options for the autorecover location and see if there may be a
copy of it there when it was auto saved when you were editing it.
--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"KD" wrote in message
Help!!

I made changes to an Excel file, and saved. I meant to save as a new file,
so i could keep old file.

Is there any way to retrieve the original file??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

forgot to mention, if there is something there, just change the first character
(~) and rename it to an xls file.

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"KD" wrote in message
Help!!

I made changes to an Excel file, and saved. I meant to save as a new file,
so i could keep old file.

Is there any way to retrieve the original file??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That's why Excel gives you the "Save As" option for "always create a
backup". If you didn't use that option last time, hopefully you *will* use
it next time!
--
David Biddulph