-   -   i "saved" instead of "saved as". I need old file back (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/245296-i-saved-instead-saved-i-need-old-file-back.html)

KD

i "saved" instead of "saved as". I need old file back

Help!!

I made changes to an Excel file, and saved. I meant to save as a new file,
so i could keep old file.

Is there any way to retrieve the original file??

FSt1

i "saved" instead of "saved as". I need old file back

hi
unless you are on a network with backup or unless the backed up the file
prior to changes......the saved version is now the new verion of the original
file.
sorry.

Regards
FSt1

"KD" wrote:

Help!!

I made changes to an Excel file, and saved. I meant to save as a new file,
so i could keep old file.

Is there any way to retrieve the original file??

KD

i "saved" instead of "saved as". I need old file back

thanks...i was afraid of that. major loss. anyone else with ideas
appreciated... keith

"KD" wrote:

Help!!

I made changes to an Excel file, and saved. I meant to save as a new file,
so i could keep old file.

Is there any way to retrieve the original file??

Gary Keramidas

i "saved" instead of "saved as". I need old file back

you can check the options for the autorecover location and see if there may be a
copy of it there when it was auto saved when you were editing it.
--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"KD" wrote in message
Help!!

I made changes to an Excel file, and saved. I meant to save as a new file,
so i could keep old file.

Is there any way to retrieve the original file??

Gary Keramidas

i "saved" instead of "saved as". I need old file back

forgot to mention, if there is something there, just change the first character
(~) and rename it to an xls file.

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"KD" wrote in message
Help!!

I made changes to an Excel file, and saved. I meant to save as a new file,
so i could keep old file.

Is there any way to retrieve the original file??

David Biddulph[_2_]

i "saved" instead of "saved as". I need old file back

That's why Excel gives you the "Save As" option for "always create a
backup". If you didn't use that option last time, hopefully you *will* use
it next time!
--
David Biddulph