Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can't copy & paste row inside a protected worksheet

My worksheet contain many rows and columns. One of the column is protected
and contain formula.
Can I copy one row and paste it elsewhere inside the same worksheet without
removing the protection.
I try many thing without success. I can do it when my column is not
protected but
when the column is protected I can't.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Giloboy,

You could unprotect | copy/paste | reprotect

Aternatively, if you protect with the UserInterfaceOnly argument set to
True, then you will be able to copy and paste using code.

The UserInterfaceOnly argument is not persistent, so you could reset it in
the Workbook_Open event.

---
Regards,
Norman

"giloboy" wrote in message
My worksheet contain many rows and columns. One of the column is protected
and contain formula.
Can I copy one row and paste it elsewhere inside the same worksheet
without
removing the protection.
I try many thing without success. I can do it when my column is not
protected but
when the column is protected I can't.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Normand,

How do you protect with the UserInterfaceOnly argument set to True, and
reset it in
the Workbook_Open event.

Thanks
Giloboy

"giloboy" wrote in message
My worksheet contain many rows and columns. One of the column is protected
and contain formula.
Can I copy one row and paste it elsewhere inside the same worksheet
without
removing the protection.
I try many thing without success. I can do it when my column is not
protected but
when the column is protected I can't.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Normand,

How do you protect with the UserInterfaceOnly argument set to
True, and be able to copy and paste using code and reset it in
the Workbook_Open event.

Thanks
Giloboy

"giloboy" wrote in message
My worksheet contain many rows and columns. One of the column is protected
and contain formula.
Can I copy one row and paste it elsewhere inside the same worksheet
without
removing the protection.
I try many thing without success. I can do it when my column is not
protected but
when the column is protected I can't.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Giloboy,

Right-click the Excel icon at the extreme left of the menu bar
Select View Code
Paste the following :

Sub workbook_open()
Me.Sheets("Sheet3").Protect password:= _
"Your Password", UserInterfaceOnly:=True
End Sub

Save, close and re-open the workbook.

Change the password to suit.
---
Regards,

Norman

"giloboy" wrote in message
My worksheet contain many rows and columns. One of the column is
protected
and contain formula.
Can I copy one row and paste it elsewhere inside the same worksheet
without
removing the protection.
I try many thing without success. I can do it when my column is not
protected but
when the column is protected I can't.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Norman,

I paste:

Sub workbook_open()
Me.Sheets("Sheet3").Protect password:= _
"Your Password", UserInterfaceOnly:=True
End Sub

on the right board call Book 1.xls and then Save, close and re-open the
workbook.
Nothing happen from that point. How do I put a new password?

Thank for your help
Giloboy

"giloboy" wrote in message
My worksheet contain many rows and columns. One of the column is
protected
and contain formula.
Can I copy one row and paste it elsewhere inside the same worksheet
without
removing the protection.
I try many thing without success. I can do it when my column is not
protected but
when the column is protected I can't.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Giloboy,

Nothing happen from that point.

As written, Sheet3 should be protected. Have you checked this?

---
Regards,
Norman