Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default allow me to copy and paste in a protected worksheet

I have a password-protected worksheet. How could I copy and paste
within the same worksheet without unprotected it? Any help will be
highly appreciated! Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

See

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"George" wrote in message oups.com...
I have a password-protected worksheet. How could I copy and paste
within the same worksheet without unprotected it? Any help will be
highly appreciated! Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi George

If you unlock the destenation cells then you can copy paste when you protect a sheet

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message ...
See

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"George" wrote in message oups.com...
I have a password-protected worksheet. How could I copy and paste
within the same worksheet without unprotected it? Any help will be
highly appreciated! Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks for your response. Please let me take this chance to state my
question more clearly. In my worksheet, I have a column with all cells
in that column locked (IT IS A MUST. I CAN NOT UNLOCK ANY CELL IN THAT
COLUMN AND THEN PROTECT THE WORKSHEET). There are a few cells UNDER
OTHER COLUMNS unlocked for user to input their data. Then the whole
worksheet is password-protected. My question is how to allow user to
copy one ROW and paste it into another row without unprotect the
worksheet? Please keep it in mind that there is at least one cell in
EACH ROW locked where user CAN NOT modify the value in that cell.
Thanks and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon!