Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default problem calculating rate of return

I have a strange problem when trying to calculate function IRR. It gives me
a divide by zero error, which I don't understand. According to the help-file
it shouldn't be able to give me this error. It occurs when I insert the
following numbers into cells A1 to A11.

-10687
-44634
-45750
-5249219
1669875
1249913
11050
878220
815253
=IRR(A1:A10;0.25)

Can someone explain why this happens?

Thanks in advance
Regards
Thijs van Bon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You're right in both instances, but it doesn't solve my problem.

1 the formula includes the formula cell.

I made a mistake in copy-pasting to the newsgroup... has nothing to do with
my problem

2 second arguemnet is optional
try =IRR(A1:A9)

This is not an option for me, because I need to know the IRR for a
percentage of 0,25 (and several other percentages for that matter), so I
can't leave out the second argument.

My question still stands: Why does it give this error?