Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to access MS property "lastsavedby" for a file

Does anyone know how to get the name of the user who last saved a fil
on a server using Excel VB ?

It may be someting along the lines of:

Dim fs, f1, fc
Set f = fs.GetFolder(folderspec)
Set fc = f.Files
nfiles = 0
For Each f1 In fc
nfiles = nfiles + 1
fnames(nfiles) = f1.Name
owner(nfiles) = f1.lastsavedby
Next

which of course does not work

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"jmoffat " wrote in message
Does anyone know how to get the name of the user who last saved a file
on a server using Excel VB ?

Use Workbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties - it has a Last Author item. You
can find how to access it in the help file.

.... unless you mean a non-excel file, in which case I don't think you can.

Iain King