Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Wishful Charting?

The following is a description of what I hope to create.
It may or may not be possible; but I would to get any
suggestions/instructions if they are available. If I've
lost my mind and this could never work, then please let me
know.

I'm trying to create a form letter for about 100
employees. Each form letter (.doc) will contain 1
person's monthly Sales/Services Ratio (SSR)for the past 4
months. All of these numbers and the names of the
employees exist in excel documents already. Is there a
function that will send the data from the cells into form
letter automatically? adjusting the name and the
corresponding monthly numbers each time? Please let me
know if you have any instructions to help expedite this
process.

Thank you
Aaron
Aaron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

not very clear as to what you want, but I think you need to do Mai
Merge. Open a word doc and read the help for mail merge in word.
think you can call an excel file for the data for the mail merge

Manges

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

David McRitchie has instructions for mail merge on his web site:

Also, there's information on the Word MVP site:

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I really just glanced over the instructions for creating a mail merge, but
before I get knee deep into it and decide I need something else let me
clarify:

Imagine excel spreadsheets arranged like this

Alan 45.3 23.4 34.2 56.5 23.5
Alla 34.4 56.2 45.2 34.2 12.3
Abe 33.4 27.4 20.4 45.2 34.5

I want to take this information and create a personalized letter for each
person (allan, alla, and abe). So throughout the word document i will be
referencing to different cells of a couple charts.

Is the answer still mail merging? Should i try another way to explain it?

Thanks for your help
Aaron

"mangesh_yadav " wrote:

not very clear as to what you want, but I think you need to do Mail
Merge. Open a word doc and read the help for mail merge in word. I
think you can call an excel file for the data for the mail merge

Mangesh

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, the answer is still mail merge :)