Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default a picklist for a field

I have a sheet that has a table of data. In a column,
D40:d53, are categories that I want the user to be able
to select from on another sheet, in column A. For every
row in column A, I want a dropdown to display the
categories listed in the D40:d53 list.

I do not know what to call this so am having a hard time
finding help.

TIA for any help I can get.

Papa
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Okay, I figured that out. Now for the next column, I
want to have another picklist in column B that has
options that are dependent on what was selected in column
A. I know that there must be a way to do a lookup or
something.

I have a sheet that has a table of data. In a column,
D40:d53, are categories that I want the user to be able
to select from on another sheet, in column A. For every
row in column A, I want a dropdown to display the
categories listed in the D40:d53 list.

I do not know what to call this so am having a hard time
finding help.

TIA for any help I can get.

Papa
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi,
right click your combo box (drop down) and click properties
scroll down till you see listfillrange on the left side.
on the right side enter your range D40:D53
:)
I have a sheet that has a table of data. In a column,
D40:d53, are categories that I want the user to be able
to select from on another sheet, in column A. For every
row in column A, I want a dropdown to display the
categories listed in the D40:d53 list.

I do not know what to call this so am having a hard time
finding help.

TIA for any help I can get.

Papa
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There are instructions here for dependent data validation lists:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List