-   -   a picklist for a field (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/308007-picklist-field.html)

papa[_3_]

a picklist for a field

I have a sheet that has a table of data. In a column,
D40:d53, are categories that I want the user to be able
to select from on another sheet, in column A. For every
row in column A, I want a dropdown to display the
categories listed in the D40:d53 list.

I do not know what to call this so am having a hard time
finding help.

TIA for any help I can get.

Papa

papa[_3_]

a picklist for a field

Okay, I figured that out. Now for the next column, I
want to have another picklist in column B that has
options that are dependent on what was selected in column
A. I know that there must be a way to do a lookup or
something.

I have a sheet that has a table of data. In a column,
D40:d53, are categories that I want the user to be able
to select from on another sheet, in column A. For every
row in column A, I want a dropdown to display the
categories listed in the D40:d53 list.

I do not know what to call this so am having a hard time
finding help.

TIA for any help I can get.

Papa
.

Frank Stone

a picklist for a field

hi,
right click your combo box (drop down) and click properties
scroll down till you see listfillrange on the left side.
on the right side enter your range D40:D53
:)
I have a sheet that has a table of data. In a column,
D40:d53, are categories that I want the user to be able
to select from on another sheet, in column A. For every
row in column A, I want a dropdown to display the
categories listed in the D40:d53 list.

I do not know what to call this so am having a hard time
finding help.

TIA for any help I can get.

Papa
.

Debra Dalgleish

a picklist for a field

There are instructions here for dependent data validation lists:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List