Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Books on Excel Programming

Hello!!
I am trying to write an ASP.NET (VB) program that updates
an Excel file in a specific cell. I am using ODBC driver
connections. Can any one please recommend a good book for
this? [I am basically looking for insert and update
statement syntax from that book] .

Thanks for any info!!
-Lisa
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Lisa" ...

I am trying to write an ASP.NET (VB) program that updates
an Excel file in a specific cell. I am using ODBC driver
connections. Can any one please recommend a good book for
this? [I am basically looking for insert and update
statement syntax from that book] .

What, you mean paper? <g This is a fairly specific topic and I
suspect online resources may be your best bet.

There's not much on MSDN e.g. this is the best they have:

Try the google groups archive. Paul Clements VB MVP knows his ADO and
Excel, especially the .NET stuff:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=au...om+excel+oledb

However, the issues are generally more Excel related so try the
Microsoft.public.excel.programming archive. You may even find
something by me <g.

Jamie.