Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default calendar control

Hi Everybody,

some time ago i created a spreadsheet with a button which, when clicked,
opened a built-in calendar (which the user could then navigate, click on a
date and it completed a cell on the sheet). since our work pc's have been
upgraded (XP Pro, Excel 2002) it no longer works on my colleagues pc (he has
been given a whole new pc).

so my question is: what haven't i installed on his pc to get it to work? i
was pretty sure i had to install/activate a calendar control via the VB
editor, but couldn't find it. A screen grab is available at
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tma...&.dnm=36e5.jpg

i'm guessing if there is a specific file i can just copy it from my
installation (but i don't understand why its not there already)

thanks,

tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is a part of Access Tim

http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm
See the link on my site

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Tim" wrote in message ...
Hi Everybody,

some time ago i created a spreadsheet with a button which, when clicked,
opened a built-in calendar (which the user could then navigate, click on a
date and it completed a cell on the sheet). since our work pc's have been
upgraded (XP Pro, Excel 2002) it no longer works on my colleagues pc (he has
been given a whole new pc).

so my question is: what haven't i installed on his pc to get it to work? i
was pretty sure i had to install/activate a calendar control via the VB
editor, but couldn't find it. A screen grab is available at
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tma...&.dnm=36e5.jpg

i'm guessing if there is a specific file i can just copy it from my
installation (but i don't understand why its not there already)

thanks,

tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I just tried adding this control.

I can find it in the list of controls now, but when I try to include it on a
userform, I get a message "Library not registered".

Any ideas Ron?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you might have to go to Tools, References and check Microsoft Calendar
Control 10.0 then i open the toolbox in the VB Editor and rigth click on it
i can check the calendar control and it comes up within my userform.

"Paul Lautman" wrote in message
I just tried adding this control.

I can find it in the list of controls now, but when I try to include it on

userform, I get a message "Library not registered".

Any ideas Ron?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi tim

Have you register the control
You can read how to do this on this page
http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Paul Lautman" wrote in message ...
I just tried adding this control.

I can find it in the list of controls now, but when I try to include it on a
userform, I get a message "Library not registered".

Any ideas Ron?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't have Microsoft Calendar Control 10.0 (or any other Microsoft
Calendar control) in Tools References.

I have the Calendar control in the tool box, I just can't put it on my
userform without getting the error.

"Tim" wrote in message
you might have to go to Tools, References and check Microsoft Calendar
Control 10.0 then i open the toolbox in the VB Editor and rigth click on

it
i can check the calendar control and it comes up within my userform.

"Paul Lautman" wrote in message
I just tried adding this control.

I can find it in the list of controls now, but when I try to include it

on
userform, I get a message "Library not registered".

Any ideas Ron?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, I registered the control and as I say the control is now in the
toolbox. But it is when I try to place it on my userform that I get the
error.

Is there something else to go with it?