Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Grpahical selection of points on Excel charts

This will help you get started on your difficult problem. On my web site
I post a couple of techniques for getting information about a plotted
point. Knowing which point it is can allow you to find out its X and Y
values, and you can figure out from the series formula where the X and Y
ranges are.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...html#PointInfo

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

HowTo wrote:

I have a scatter plot in one of my excel workbooks, based on data in
one of it's sheets. I would like to be able to "select" a set of
points on the scatter chart (maybe by drawing a box around them). I
would then like to automatically select the corresponding
series/values in the spreadsheet containing the data for the scatter
plot. How can I accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't know if it's any easier, but I once had to enable a client to
select a region on a chart and zoom in to this region. I basically did
it by having a rectangle drawn, then figuring the coordinates of this
rectangle w.r.t. the chart axes, and rescaling the axes accordingly. You
could do something similar, then step through the data, finding points
which fall within the rectangle.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

HowTo wrote:
Thanks for your response Jon. I was able to do what you have
explained below but I need to be able to select a bunch of points at
once. Maybe my only option is to write an activex control which draws
a selection rectangle on the area and then looks for all points that
intersect with it. I was wondering if there was an easier option.
Thanks