Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier[_8_] Jon Peltier[_8_] is offline

Default Grpahical selection of points on Excel charts

This will help you get started on your difficult problem. On my web site
I post a couple of techniques for getting information about a plotted
point. Knowing which point it is can allow you to find out its X and Y
values, and you can figure out from the series formula where the X and Y
ranges are.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...html#PointInfo

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

HowTo wrote:

I have a scatter plot in one of my excel workbooks, based on data in
one of it's sheets. I would like to be able to "select" a set of
points on the scatter chart (maybe by drawing a box around them). I
would then like to automatically select the corresponding
series/values in the spreadsheet containing the data for the scatter
plot. How can I accomplish this?