Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Empty but persistent toolbar

I have an inherited workbook that contains a custom toolbar named
"Vicky." Don't know why. The toolbar has no controls on it. It shows
up in Tools* Customize* Toolbar, where I select and delete it without
incident and save the wb after deleting. But it returns the next time
that wb is opened.

I've done the usual elminations to ensure it's not in any of my add-ins.
It doesn't show up in any other wb, and it appears when opened on each
of 3 very different computers. There's no VBA code anywhere in the
workbook. I've tried deleting it via code. Same result.

Being totally buttonless, it might not be so annoying except that [1]
once turned off, it stays invisible only for the current session, and
[2] while visible it claims an entire row of toolbar real estate by
itself. I'd rather not rebuild it afresh, as the structure is fairly
complicated. (Yes, I know I may have to.) What weapon might cure this?

WinXP, Excel 2000 (on all PCs). Thanks for any clues.

--
Mark Tangard
"Life is nothing if you're not obsessed." --John Waters