Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Tangard[_3_] Mark Tangard[_3_] is offline

Default Empty but persistent toolbar

Gord writes:

ToolsCustomizeToolbars. Select the toolbar and "Attach".
Un-attach if necessary.

It worked! Thanks so much. Embarrassed to say, I'd never even noticed
the Attach button.

Are you trying to get rid of Menu items/Toolbars that were added using
the Menu Editor in Excel 95(5.0)?

Unlikely. The file predates me by several years, but as I understand it,
the firm used QuattroPro in that era. I'll definitely grab Jim's add-in
regardless. Thanks again.

--
Mark Tangard, Microsoft Word MVP
"Life is nothing if you're not obsessed." --John Waters

Gord Dibben wrote:
Mark

Is the Toolbar attached?

ToolsCustomizeToolbars. Select the toolbar and "Attach". Un-attach if
necessary.

Another guess.........you did say "inherited"

Are you trying to get rid of Menu items/Toolbars that were added using the
Menu Editor in Excel 95(5.0)?

Later versions do not have the Menu Editor. Jim Rech has an Add-in that will
remove these Menu items. Can be found at Stephen Bullen's site.

http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

Scroll down a few inches to Jim Rech section and look for "RemoveMenus.ZIP"

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:53:58 -0700, Mark Tangard
wrote:

I've tried that already, as mentioned in my second paragraph. (BTW the
property is CommandBars, not Toolbars.)