Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default hide unused data

this is what we ended using:

=IF(F12=0,0,F12-E12)

"Faithful" wrote:

That gives me an "inconsistant formula" error. I cut and pasted your formula into that same cell.

Harry

"big t" wrote:

Hi Harry,

Try this in cell 2:
=if(E12 = "", 0, F12-E12)

cheers,
big t

"Faithful" wrote:

a little info 1st.
the company is using a multiple sheet workbook to gather trucking mileage, for quarterly tax payments. Each month is a different sheet. To recover "missed miles", we take last months "ending miles" and put this into "this months" sheet.
ALL these formulas work. But the fly is that if a driver doesn't turn in a book, then the "variance" shows the entire odometer reading, and places this info into the quarterly report, which we pay fuel taxes on to about 8 different states. We don't actually pay these on the variances, because we know that that is false.

I would like to be able to change this data to show blank if the data in the adjacent cell is blank too.

cell 1"beginning milage" =Apr2004!F12
cell 2"odometer milage" =F12-E12

What I want to do is show 0 if "E12" is blank.

Harry