Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hide Unused Cols & Rows in a Range

Hi,

XL2K

I have a range of cells C3:BB54 that form a type of matrix.

Within this range, D3:BA3 is dynamically filled with text entries.
Cells C4:C53 mirror these text entries.

Cells D4:BA53 house formulae which are dynamically filled, subject to
there being corresponding entries in Row 3 and Col C. (eg X10 is
subject to X3 and C10).

Cells D54:BB54 total the individual columns.

Cells BB4:BB53 total the individual rows.

What I would like to do, by way of code, is hide those columns in the
range D3:AX3 that are not used, together with those rows (C4:C53) that
are also not used.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Bob
Maitland Australia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, the last paragraph should read:

What I would like to do, by way of code, is hide those columns in the
range D3:BA3 that are not used, together with those rows (C4:C53) that
are also not used.

Cheers

Bob

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:09:52 +1000, Bob Maloney
wrote:

Hi,

XL2K

I have a range of cells C3:BB54 that form a type of matrix.

Within this range, D3:BA3 is dynamically filled with text entries.
Cells C4:C53 mirror these text entries.

Cells D4:BA53 house formulae which are dynamically filled, subject to
there being corresponding entries in Row 3 and Col C. (eg X10 is
subject to X3 and C10).

Cells D54:BB54 total the individual columns.

Cells BB4:BB53 total the individual rows.

What I would like to do, by way of code, is hide those columns in the
range D3:AX3 that are not used, together with those rows (C4:C53) that
are also not used.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Bob
Maitland Australia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Range("D3:BA3").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Ent ireColumn.Hidden = True
Range("C4:C53").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Ent ireRow.Hidden = True

Chrissy.

Bob Maloney wrote