Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Selective configuration of Manual calculation

Hi,

I have a set of workbooks which are very heavy in terms of calculation. I
want that whenever the workbook is opened and being worked upon the
calculation should happen only when I press F9 or choose calculate from
Tool -- options -- calculate.

I am thinking that I will have the code in the workbooks in which I want the
calculation to be Manual.(pasted below my signature )

But,.... Im fearing that if I do this then any subsequent workbooks (in
which I want the calculation to be automatic) I open will also be set to
manual calculation. Is my fear justified. At any point of time I want to
work simultaneously on different workbooks which are set to manual and
automatic. The automatic workbooks should calculate there and then while
manual ones will calculate only when I want.

In short I want that a particular set of workbooks always respond to manual
only and again any other excel file I work at that instant be always set to
automatic calculation.Please suggest how to go about it.

Regards,
Hari
India

Private Sub workbook_open()

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hari,

Calculation mode is at the application level rather than at the workbook
level, so I think what you want is difficult to achieve without substantial
programming.
The way it is done in FastExcel V2 uses application level event trapping and
the worksheet.enablecalculation property with registry settings and hidden
defined names for persistence.

Charles
Decision Models
The Excel Calculation Site.