Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Hari[_3_] Hari[_3_] is offline

Default Selective configuration of Manual calculation

Hi,

I have a set of workbooks which are very heavy in terms of calculation. I
want that whenever the workbook is opened and being worked upon the
calculation should happen only when I press F9 or choose calculate from
Tool -- options -- calculate.

I am thinking that I will have the code in the workbooks in which I want the
calculation to be Manual.(pasted below my signature )

But,.... Im fearing that if I do this then any subsequent workbooks (in
which I want the calculation to be automatic) I open will also be set to
manual calculation. Is my fear justified. At any point of time I want to
work simultaneously on different workbooks which are set to manual and
automatic. The automatic workbooks should calculate there and then while
manual ones will calculate only when I want.

In short I want that a particular set of workbooks always respond to manual
only and again any other excel file I work at that instant be always set to
automatic calculation.Please suggest how to go about it.

Regards,
Hari
India

Private Sub workbook_open()