Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Newsgroup protocol question

Hello all ,
I'm just curious if I made a breach of etiquette,asked a
dumb question or what?

I posted a question "closing form semi permanantly" on
6/18 and did not receive one response. It is one of the
very few I've seen that don't get at least one response.
This forum is terrific help for me and I'm just curious.

Thanks for all the help , all the time.
jeffP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I guess no one was interested in answering it.

You can create a defined name and assign it a value to either show or not
show the form. Then have the code that shows the form check the value of
that defined name. When the user checks the don't show again button, you
can change the value of the defined name or just create it or delete it and
the check would be whether it exists or not.

You can reset the condition in the Workbook_Open event

Tom Ogilvy

"jeffp" wrote in message
Hello all ,
I'm just curious if I made a breach of etiquette,asked a
dumb question or what?

I posted a question "closing form semi permanantly" on
6/18 and did not receive one response. It is one of the
very few I've seen that don't get at least one response.
This forum is terrific help for me and I'm just curious.

Thanks for all the help , all the time.
jeffP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jeff,

You posted a related question almost immediately after it, and I got the
impression that the first question wan't of importance any more.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"jeffp" wrote in message
Hello all ,
I'm just curious if I made a breach of etiquette,asked a
dumb question or what?

I posted a question "closing form semi permanantly" on
6/18 and did not receive one response. It is one of the
very few I've seen that don't get at least one response.
This forum is terrific help for me and I'm just curious.

Thanks for all the help , all the time.
jeffP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks guys.
Sorry if I sounded like I was whining for help. I wasn't,
I just truly thought I may have posted wrong somehow.

Thanks again,
jeffP
I'm just curious if I made a breach of etiquette,asked a
dumb question or what?

I posted a question "closing form semi permanantly" on
6/18 and did not receive one response. It is one of the
very few I've seen that don't get at least one response.
This forum is terrific help for me and I'm just curious.

Thanks for all the help , all the time.
jeffP
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jeffp,

I'm just curious if I made a breach of etiquette,asked a
dumb question or what?

I posted a question "closing form semi permanantly" on
6/18 and did not receive one response. It is one of the
very few I've seen that don't get at least one response.
This forum is terrific help for me and I'm just curious.

Thanks for all the help , all the time.

Another reason might be that some of the regulars (including me) visit
the newsgroups as part of their working day, so may not see it until
Monday.

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel
www.BMSLtd.ie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Taking a particularly tangential approach to Fermat's last theorem
Stephen Bullen proposed in
:

Hi Jeffp,

Another reason might be that some of the regulars (including me)
visit the newsgroups as part of their working day, so may not see
it until Monday.

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel
www.BMSLtd.ie

Also, sometimes no-one knows the answer ...

--
pjk

"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were
standing on my shoulders."
-- Hal Abelson