Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I automatically input emails if I know the protocol?

Hi Everyone,

I have a sheet with First Name, MI, and Last Name in Columns A, B, and
C and company domain in column D. I would like figure out how to
combine these into an email address in column E that reads
FirstinitialLastName@"Domain" so Mel Kiper at Microsoft.com becomes
. Ideally I would like to maybe make macros for
common email protocols as well. Any Ideas?

Regards,

Reece

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

=LOWER(LEFT(A2))&LOWER(C2)&"@"&LOWER(D2)

if you want it to start up the email program when you select the cell

=HYPERLINK("mailto:"&LOWER(LEFT(A2))&LOWER(C2)&"@" &LOWER(D2),LOWER(LEFT(A2))&LOWER(C2)&"@"&LOWER(D2) )

for the second question

http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Everyone,

I have a sheet with First Name, MI, and Last Name in Columns A, B, and
C and company domain in column D. I would like figure out how to
combine these into an email address in column E that reads
FirstinitialLastName@"Domain" so Mel Kiper at Microsoft.com becomes
. Ideally I would like to maybe make macros for
common email protocols as well. Any Ideas?

Regards,

Reece

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RJ

E1 formula

=left(A1,1) & C1 &"@" & D1

" wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have a sheet with First Name, MI, and Last Name in Columns A, B, and
C and company domain in column D. I would like figure out how to
combine these into an email address in column E that reads
FirstinitialLastName@"Domain" so Mel Kiper at Microsoft.com becomes
. Ideally I would like to maybe make macros for
common email protocols as well. Any Ideas?

Regards,

Reece

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RJ

If you wanted to be able to click on the e-mail address and have it open a
new mail message then just add the hyperlink to my formula

=hyperlink(left(A1,1) & C1 &"@" & D1)

"RJ" wrote:

E1 formula

=left(A1,1) & C1 &"@" & D1

" wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have a sheet with First Name, MI, and Last Name in Columns A, B, and
C and company domain in column D. I would like figure out how to
combine these into an email address in column E that reads
FirstinitialLastName@"Domain" so Mel Kiper at Microsoft.com becomes
. Ideally I would like to maybe make macros for
common email protocols as well. Any Ideas?

Regards,

Reece

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Not really, you need to use mailto if you want to use it as an email
address, else it will return an error

"RJ" wrote in message
If you wanted to be able to click on the e-mail address and have it open a
new mail message then just add the hyperlink to my formula

=hyperlink(left(A1,1) & C1 &"@" & D1)

"RJ" wrote:

E1 formula

=left(A1,1) & C1 &"@" & D1