Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
saziz

Default How can I have an input form to add a random no. to each input entry?

Hi Folks,
I have a database which gets data input through input form. Now I want
whenever an entry is made the form should assign a random no. in a
dedicated column. Is it possible?
Appreciate your help.
Thank you
Syed

--
saziz
saziz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6350

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
saziz

Hi Folks,
I have a database which gets data input through input form. Now I want
whenever an entry is made the form should assign a unique random no. in
a dedicated column. Is it possible?
Appreciate your help.
Thank you
Syed

--
saziz
saziz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6350
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=505032

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

If you're using a form, couldn't you just code that determines a value that is
one more than the maximum in that range?

Dim myVal as long
myval= application.max(worksheets("sheet99").range("C:c") + 1

Kind of thing?