Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default frm Excel 97 to 2003

ActiveCell.Value = Application.InputBox("If you wish to change th
payment, type in the payment and hit ENTER:", "EDITING PAYMENT"
Format(ActiveCell.Value, "#,###.00"), 190, -60, 1)

This from a program I wrote in Excel 97. It's for an Amortizatio
Schedule.
I switched to MS Office Pro 2003 and it doesn't bring up the box an
more.

any help out there

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

gordyb31

I'm using office 2000 with xp home and your code works.
Hopefully someone using 2003 will answer your question.

Charle

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The part where you are formatting the active cell seems to be the problem.
This part works fine for me in 2003:

ActiveCell.Value = Application.InputBox("If you wish to change the payment,
type in the payment and hit ENTER:", "EDITING PAYMENT")

What is "190, -60, 1" trying to accomplish?

"gordyb31 " wrote in message
ActiveCell.Value = Application.InputBox("If you wish to change the
payment, type in the payment and hit ENTER:", "EDITING PAYMENT",
Format(ActiveCell.Value, "#,###.00"), 190, -60, 1)

This from a program I wrote in Excel 97. It's for an Amortization
Schedule.
I switched to MS Office Pro 2003 and it doesn't bring up the box any
more.

any help out there.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I use xl2002 and your code caused a problem in that, too.

expression.InputBox
(Prompt, Title, Default, Left, Top, HelpFile, HelpContextId, Type)

I like to use the named parms (instead of positional parameters):

ActiveCell.Value = Application.InputBox _
(prompt:="If you wish to change the payment, type in the payment " & _
"and hit ENTER:", _
Title:="EDITING PAYMENT", _
Default:=Format(ActiveCell.Value, "#,###.00"), _
Left:=190, Top:=-60, Type:=1)

I don't recall that application.inputbox changed, but if it did, then using the
names might be the best way to go.

But if it didn't change, this would work, too:

ActiveCell.Value = Application.InputBox _
("If you wish to change the payment, type in the payment " & _
"and hit ENTER:", _
"EDITING PAYMENT", _
Format(ActiveCell.Value, "#,###.00"), _
190, -60, , , 1)

Notice the extra commas--to reserver those positional parameters.

"gordyb31 <" wrote:

ActiveCell.Value = Application.InputBox("If you wish to change the
payment, type in the payment and hit ENTER:", "EDITING PAYMENT",
Format(ActiveCell.Value, "#,###.00"), 190, -60, 1)

This from a program I wrote in Excel 97. It's for an Amortization
Schedule.
I switched to MS Office Pro 2003 and it doesn't bring up the box any
more.

any help out there.

---

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thankyou both.
Looks like either one will work but I'll try it a little more.
Thanks,
Gord