Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default frm Excel 97 to 2003

I use xl2002 and your code caused a problem in that, too.

expression.InputBox
(Prompt, Title, Default, Left, Top, HelpFile, HelpContextId, Type)

I like to use the named parms (instead of positional parameters):

ActiveCell.Value = Application.InputBox _
(prompt:="If you wish to change the payment, type in the payment " & _
"and hit ENTER:", _
Title:="EDITING PAYMENT", _
Default:=Format(ActiveCell.Value, "#,###.00"), _
Left:=190, Top:=-60, Type:=1)

I don't recall that application.inputbox changed, but if it did, then using the
names might be the best way to go.

But if it didn't change, this would work, too:

ActiveCell.Value = Application.InputBox _
("If you wish to change the payment, type in the payment " & _
"and hit ENTER:", _
"EDITING PAYMENT", _
Format(ActiveCell.Value, "#,###.00"), _
190, -60, , , 1)

Notice the extra commas--to reserver those positional parameters.

"gordyb31 <" wrote:

ActiveCell.Value = Application.InputBox("If you wish to change the
payment, type in the payment and hit ENTER:", "EDITING PAYMENT",
Format(ActiveCell.Value, "#,###.00"), 190, -60, 1)

This from a program I wrote in Excel 97. It's for an Amortization
Schedule.
I switched to MS Office Pro 2003 and it doesn't bring up the box any
more.

any help out there.

---

Dave Peterson