Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Print Box

Can someone please help. I need to create a box that pops up after pressing a button in Excel that gives the user check boxes to choose which areas to print. Eg. I choose check box 1...it previews area 1, I choose check box 2...it previews area 2. I admit I am not sure where to start, so if someone out there has a complete sample for displaying a print area choose box and displays that print choice
Thanks for the help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jordon

Read this first

If you use a userform and add option buttons on it you can
use this code in the userform module to do what you want.

Private Sub OptionButton1_Click()
Unload Me
Range("A1:A10").PrintPreview
End Sub

Private Sub OptionButton2_Click()
Unload Me
Range("B1:b10").PrintPreview
End Sub

Private Sub OptionButton3_Click()
Unload Me
Range("C1:C10").PrintPreview

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Jordon" wrote in message ...
Can someone please help. I need to create a box that pops up after pressing a button in Excel that gives the user check boxes to

choose which areas to print. Eg. I choose check box 1...it previews area 1, I choose check box 2...it previews area 2. I admit I
am not sure where to start, so if someone out there has a complete sample for displaying a print area choose box and displays that
print choice.
Thanks for the help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Perfect! Thanks...this is very helpful

----- Ron de Bruin wrote: ----

Hi Jordo

Read this firs
http://support.microsoft.com/default...kb;EN-US;82907

If you use a userform and add option buttons on it you ca
use this code in the userform module to do what you want

Private Sub OptionButton1_Click(
Unload M
Range("A1:A10").PrintPrevie
End Su

Private Sub OptionButton2_Click(
Unload M
Range("B1:b10").PrintPrevie
End Su

Private Sub OptionButton3_Click(
Unload M
Range("C1:C10").PrintPrevie
End Su

--
Regards Ron de Brui
http://www.rondebruin.n

"Jordon" wrote in message ..
Can someone please help. I need to create a box that pops up after pressing a button in Excel that gives the user check boxes t

choose which areas to print. Eg. I choose check box 1...it previews area 1, I choose check box 2...it previews area 2. I admit
am not sure where to start, so if someone out there has a complete sample for displaying a print area choose box and displays tha
print choice
Thanks for the hel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Ron! One more curve....How can I add check boxes and allow user to select more than one check box which in turn previews multiple print areas? In other words the user checks box 1 and box 2...hits the "OK" button and it previews both of those print areas
Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jordon

Add three checkboxes on your userform and one button.
Try this code for the button

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Dim Num As Integer
Num = Abs(CheckBox1.Value) * 1 + _
Abs(CheckBox2.Value) * 3 + _
Abs(CheckBox3.Value) * 5

Select Case Num
Case 1
MsgBox "Run the code for checkbox 1"
Case 3
MsgBox "Run the code for checkbox 2"
Case 5
MsgBox "Run the code for checkbox 3"
Case 4
MsgBox "Run the code for checkbox 1 + 2"
Case 9
MsgBox "Run the code for checkbox 1 + 2 + 3"
Case 6
MsgBox "Run the code for checkbox 1 + 3"
Case 8
MsgBox "Run the code for checkbox 2 + 3"
End Select

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Jordon" wrote in message ...
Thanks Ron! One more curve....How can I add check boxes and allow user to select more than one check box which in turn previews

multiple print areas? In other words the user checks box 1 and box 2...hits the "OK" button and it previews both of those print
areas.
Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks again Ron! Great help! Sorry to keep on, but when I add the print preview code after say the first check box...it works, previews, but the userform stay on top and does not let me get out of it. Is there a way to close the userform after confirming selection? Thanks again in advance

----- Ron de Bruin wrote: ----

Hi Jordo

Add three checkboxes on your userform and one button
Try this code for the butto

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click(
Dim Num As Intege
Num = Abs(CheckBox1.Value) * 1 +
Abs(CheckBox2.Value) * 3 +
Abs(CheckBox3.Value) *

Select Case Nu
Case

"Jordon" wrote in message ..
Thanks Ron! One more curve....How can I add check boxes and allow user to select more than one check box which in turn preview

multiple print areas? In other words the user checks box 1 and box 2...hits the "OK" button and it previews both of those prin
areas
Thanks in advanc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jordon

You must Unload the Userform first

like this

Case 1
Unload Me
Range("A1:A10").PrintPreview
Case 3
Unload Me
Range("B1:B10").PrintPreview
Case 5
Unload Me
Range("C1:C10").PrintPreview
Case 4
Unload Me
Range("A1:A10").PrintPreview
Range("B1:B10").PrintPreview

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Jordon" wrote in message ...
Thanks Ron! One more curve....How can I add check boxes and allow user to select more than one check box which in turn

previews
multiple print areas? In other words the user checks box 1 and box 2...hits the "OK" button and it previews both of those

print
areas.
Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jordon

Sorry again

No problem

Use this
Range("A1:A10,B1:B10").PrintPreview
or
Range("A1:A10,B1:B10,C1:C10").PrintPreview

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Jordon" wrote in message

Thanks Ron! One more curve....How can I add check boxes and allow user to select more than one check box which in

turn
previews
multiple print areas? In other words the user checks box 1 and box 2...hits the "OK" button and it previews both of

those
print
areas.
Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't see your code

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Jordon" wrote in message

Thanks Ron! One more curve....How can I add check boxes and allow user to select more than one check box which in

turn
previews
multiple print areas? In other words the user checks box 1 and box 2...hits the "OK" button and it previews both of

those
print
areas.
Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think I just figured it out! Thanks so much for the help...I think I am done now!
Thanks again.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

I don't see your code

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Jordon" wrote in message
Thanks Ron! One more curve....How can I add check boxes and allow user to select more than one check box which in
turn
previews
multiple print areas? In other words the user checks box 1 and box 2...hits the "OK" button and it previews both of
those
print
areas.
Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jordon

If you have problems post your code and I will
try to help you.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Jordon" wrote in message ...
I think I just figured it out! Thanks so much for the help...I think I am done now!
Thanks again.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

I don't see your code

--