Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Status bar display when the mouse hovers over a cell with a comment

When my mouse passes over a cell C10 which displays a comment, the status
bar displays a message : "Cellule C10 commentée par Un utilisateur satisfait
de Microsoft Office" (french version). I am not so much satisfied by this
message. Is it possible to create an event Mouse_over (and Mouse_out) for a
cell, so I could change the status bar message. There is no such event for
the Application or the Workbook or the Worksheet ?
Thanks
--
B. Caneau

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

FWIW in Excel 97 the message picks up the user name fro
Tools/options/General ... User Name.

Perhaps changing this would at least make the message more helpful

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, the status bar text is completely different of what is shown in the
comment box, which shows the user name by default
Any other advice ?
B.C.

"BrianB " a écrit dans le message de
FWIW in Excel 97 the message picks up the user name from
Tools/options/General ... User Name.

Perhaps changing this would at least make the message more helpful.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Location: Portland, Oregon

A very simple search of this newsgroup came up with:
Application.StatusBar = "My message"

--
Toby Erkson
Oregon, USA