-   -   Status bar display when the mouse hovers over a cell with a comment (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/298136-status-bar-display-when-mouse-hovers-over-cell-comment.html)

caneau

Status bar display when the mouse hovers over a cell with a comment

When my mouse passes over a cell C10 which displays a comment, the status
bar displays a message : "Cellule C10 commentée par Un utilisateur satisfait
de Microsoft Office" (french version). I am not so much satisfied by this
message. Is it possible to create an event Mouse_over (and Mouse_out) for a
cell, so I could change the status bar message. There is no such event for
the Application or the Workbook or the Worksheet ?
Thanks
--
B. Caneau

BrianB

Status bar display when the mouse hovers over a cell with a comment

FWIW in Excel 97 the message picks up the user name fro
Tools/options/General ... User Name.

Perhaps changing this would at least make the message more helpful

caneau

Status bar display when the mouse hovers over a cell with a comment

Sorry, the status bar text is completely different of what is shown in the
comment box, which shows the user name by default
Any other advice ?
B.C.

"BrianB " a écrit dans le message de
FWIW in Excel 97 the message picks up the user name from
Tools/options/General ... User Name.

Perhaps changing this would at least make the message more helpful.

---

Toby Erkson[_2_]

Status bar display when the mouse hovers over a cell with a comment

A very simple search of this newsgroup came up with:
Application.StatusBar = "My message"

--
Toby Erkson
Oregon, USA